Monday, March 01, 2010

Prestigious CTRR Award for A Piece of My Heart

A Piece of My Heart has just won the prestigious CTRR Award from Coffee Time Romance: "This award recognizes outstanding writing styles in all book types and genres. Your book has received this award because I feel it is above and beyond a 5 Cup Rating."

Kemberlee comes from Northern California and is very familiar with many top-notch names in the literary world; John Steinbeck, Dean Koontz and Robert Louis Stevenson, to name a few. As soon as she could hold a pen, her talent sprung forth, and I am glad she has not stopped. A Piece of My Heart is just one story that this reader will not forget. Over the last eleven years in Ireland, (oh, I am sooo envious); she has been studying the history and culture of Ireland. Be sure to stop by her page and get to know more about Kemberlee where you were find some great pictures, too. Kemberlee indeed has talent and it does not only lie in writing, once you get to know more about this outstanding lady, you will see what I mean.

I have to admit the emotions are threefold in A Piece of My Heart. When Mick and Kate ache to be with each other, I could practically see it in their eyes and hear it in their voice. The way they try to hold their control intact is so beautifully penned. I love the part about the circle, and the place they shared. Kemberlee Shortland creates a stunning read that touches upon the heartstrings. The storytelling is at its best. The descriptions are marvelously crafted and the characters absolutely lifelike. With emotions turning faster than a roller coaster, she allows the reader to visualize parts of Ireland with romance and a bit of suspense along the way.

~Cherokee

I continued to be humbled by the reception A Piece of My Heart has been receiving over the past few weeks since its release. I really love this story and I'm glad so many others are do too. This story is very close to my heart personally, and I hope the secondardy message in the story is taken to heart.

Thank you to all the readers and reviewers who've commented on my story.

If you've read A Piece of My Heart and want to let me know your thoughts, please use the link above and share your comments. I love hearing from readers.

~ Kemberlee