Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Bestseller

Who would have thought that No Law Against Love would be shelved beside the likes of Dan Brown and Memoirs of a Geisha? But it's happened.

Douglas Books in Douglas Village, a suburb of Cork City, has agreed to sell our anthology and placed it on the shelves with some of the cities best selling novels. This makes the second bookstore in Ireland that is carrying the book.

The first is Macroom Books. They have the anthology in their front window and on the table just inside the front door.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling the best last week so was unable to contact the main book wholesaler for Ireland, but I will be doing that this week. I'm also contacting one of the main breast cancer awareness foundations to see if we can get their support, and I'm planning on posting a copy of the book to two of the nation's top media programs, one TV and one radio, both of which do book promotions, especially if the book is for charity. If we can get the support of the cancer foundation and the support of the media then we're a shoe-in for the wholesaler to pick us up. So, wish me luck...on all fronts. If we can make some substantial sales here in Ireland, Highland Press has promised to donate those proceeds to an Irish cancer charity.

I'm almost done with my bookmarks and bookplates, so if anyone is interested in adding them to your collection, drop me an email. Just send me a SASE and I'll pop them in the post.

I've got my inclusions for Hurricane Mercedes' gift basket for the Regis and Kelly Show. I'll be including Maisie's Tutti-Frutti Body Bar (handmade, all-natural ) and Hank's Scented Wig Powder. Those are being posted this week along with a pair of land certs from our company A Piece of Ireland. While the soap and powder fun items, the land preservation scheme is serious. Who knows? Maybe one day they'll come to Ireland and want to see their parcel!

Remember, ALL author royalties and ALL net profits from the publisher are being donated to breast cancer research and prevention, and we're being supported by the American Cancer Society, and hopefully one of the cancer foundations here in Ireland. More on that next week.

Thank you to everyone who's already bought a copy of No Law Against Love. Your support of this book and the charity is greatly appreciated. I hope you're enjoying the stories as much as we enjoyed writing them. Admittedly, Tutti-Frutti Blues and Dude Looks Like A Lady are my first short stories, but I found that I really enjoyed them. So, keep your eyes open for All Time Love, which is being considered for the Once In A Blue Moon anthology (May 2006), and Dancing In The Moonlight, which is being considered for the No Law Against Love 2 anthology (January 2007). Both will be published by Highland Press. I'm also submitting proposals for their Recipe for Love anthology (for release by June 2006) and their Christmas anthology (for release by December 2006).

No Law Against Love is still available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble, as well as the publisher, Highland Press. So...BUY THE BOOK!!

And don't forget to drop me a comment at the link below or by dropping me an email. Now that I have stories out there, I'd love to hear how my readers feel about the stories.

~ Kemberlee
PS...As a reminder, previous posts have been archived. You can access them at the links below.