Friday, October 16, 2015

Awakening has a new awakening

original cover art:
Dara England

As some of you know, a few years ago, I started a series under the pen name Scarlett Valentine. The first book in the ABCs of S-E-X: Love by the Letter series was Awakening. This is an amazing medieval erotic romance set in 1149 Wales, and started off this unusual 26-book series very well.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to manage my Scarlett projects. With most of my writing under my own brand, and of course the last four years with Tirgearr Publishing, there just hasn't been time for a whole other persona . . . website, social media, promotion and marketing, reviews, interviews, and everything that comes with being an author and promoting one's work. An author has to put their whole selves into promotion if they want to sell books. And it's much harder when you're managing two personas, and a publishing company.

I've been thinking long and hard about this, and I've finally decided to put Scarlett to rest. It's as if she's been languishing in a box on the shelf for the last couple years, selling only the odd book here and there when someone happens to find her. It's unfair to the series, and it's unfair to readers.

So, as of today, I've brought Awakening under my own brand and will continue the series as Kemberlee Shortland.

This process hasn't been easy. I now feel like a pretender, which is strange. It's as if I wrote this story for someone else, even though that someone else was *me.* Having my name on this cover almost feels like I've taken something that wasn't mine and put my name on it, when in reality, *I wrote it and it is mine!*

So, please help me spread the word that *my* book, Awakening, has come home! I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of the new cover, and of course, would love some feedback to let me what you think of the story (ahem . . . reviews).

Thank you to all the readers who invested in this story as Scarlett. I hope you will continue following my work, and this series, under my brand.

Without further ado, here it is!

The ABCs of S-E-X: Love by the Letter, book 1

Ysbail is the ward of the Prince of Powys. Bedwyr is the bastard son of the King of Gwynedd. When a peace settlement is reached between Prince Madog and King Owain, it’s at Ysbail and Bedwyr’s expense. Known as the Grave Knower, war has taken Bedwyr to the edge of insanity. But when he first sees Ysbail, his blood-thirst turns to blood-lust, and vows to show Ysbail she needn’t fear him.