Angela will receive a certificate of ownership for a plot of land in West Cork, Ireland, as part of the Macroom Land Trust's land preservationist scheme to help preserve part of the West Cork Greenbelt.
Some interesting Macroom facts:
- Macroom is noted in the annals since 550 ad
- A main region in Ireland for Druid places of learning
- Brian Boru fought battle here to claim Kingdom of Munster
- Headquarters of the McCarthy clan from 13th century (see Blarney Castle)
- Homeplace of St. Finbarr, Founder of Cork
- William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania lived here
And loads more. A very interesting region to explore, and a great base for sightseeing the south and southwest of Ireland.
Thank you to all of you who followed my tour last week. If you get a chance to read One Night in Dublin, I'd love to hear your thoughts...as I would any of my books you read ;-)
And thank you to Writer Marketing Services for organizing my tour.